Friday, May 28, 2010

Meow

Big stroke of luck today! My brother was dissecting a cat in his AP Biology class today, and I think you know where this is going. He has the same teacher I had for advanced bio way back in high school. This made it very easy to obtain a new skeleton. It's macerating right now, so in 2-4 weeks there should be a very clean skeleton waiting for me.

The big problem here is the skull.... it was cut in half to study the brain. However, bolting it back together with metal plates should add a cool texture to it. Unlike the last skeleton, this one will be used in a very abstract manner.

That is all for now.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should incorporate metal and wire into this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what the plan is! It's either going to be an abstract sculpture or a wearable piece.

    ReplyDelete