Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Leaving Athens and Adding to Artist Statement

We're leaving Athens today and heading back home. I'm expecting to get stopped in security in Munich, Germany because of some really cool beach stones I picked up in Rhodes for use in Senior Sem.

Anyways, I had an idea on a little something to add for my statement. We visited the Temple of Haphaistus yesterday, which is remarkably intact. My brother found a Greek spur-thigh tortoise behind the temple, chomping away on some plants. The temple and tortoise gave me an awesome idea, a Haphaistus (also spelled Hephaestus) armor suit that uses a sun bleached turtle shell that a friend gave me.

Here's where I'm adding something to my statement. I'm going to draw influences from ancient cultures and civilizations that originate from countries that I've visited.

I'm leaving soon, so that's all for this update.

No comments:

Post a Comment